Have you ever wondered, is Democracy- A boon to mankind or the worst of it's nightmare? Especially when we are talking about the biggest democracies in the world - India.
India a land of thoughts and culture older then Gods themselves, is a mystery to see how it selects the country's own Gods- the politicians that govern the Largest democracy the world has ever seen. So I am here with my review on the political book " How to win an Indian Election", Kindly check my review out.
How to Win an Indian Election: What Political Parties Don’t Want You to Know
Author - Shivam Shankar Singh
Read time : 3-4 hours
![]() |
| Courtesy : Google Images |
Have you ever wondered, is Democracy- A boon to mankind or the worst of it's nightmare? Especially when we are talking about the biggest democracies in the world - India.
India a land of thoughts and culture older then Gods themselves, is a mystery to see how it selects the country's own Gods- the politicians that govern the Largest democracy the world has ever seen. So I am here with my opinion on the political book " How to win an Indian Election", Kindly check it out.
My Opinion-
When I started reading this book I was very excited after the reviews I had seen online and the reviews I had heard. I was pleased after reading the line at the starting of the book. The author has tried to indulge the readers by sharing his own personal experience when he tries to convey that he like everyone was Fed up of the UPA government and was very excited with the possibility of Narendra Modi becoming the next Prime Minister and how he like everyone else contributed in one of the most significant changed that shaped in this century.
The author has tried to share a fair amount of data and statistics but there were very less scoops or stories which readers mostly try to find in political books The author explains how he worked with PAC and what made him to go work for BJP. The book shows how BJP dominates the election field with the wide use of the Social Network, it's IT Cell and how it has a good edge over it's opposition. Book has shown how it BJP is far ahead of it's opponents and they are clueless or are too dumb to acknowledge that. You can imagine the seriousness when I say if the next elections are fought and the entire social media is banned, BJP will still win with the same Margin which means Bjp will soon reach a stage where social media is no longer in the Pitcure it would not have to worry. The most important point in my eyes was the nexus of Politics & Business and the nexus of Politics and Media. The nexus of Political parties and media is not new but with each day it grows really dangerously, especially in a country like India where the Journalism is considered as Fourth Pillar of our Democracy. Also I found the issue of Electoral bonds a very pressing issue. To Simplify it for you. if you were Modi Supporter turned hater or a critic of BJP'S way of politics this might help you with some points to score up in a Debate. Also there are some points in which I do not agree with the book, as when the author shares the letter about his disappointment with the Government, I found it as a biased critic rather then a logical point of view and I also agree that the Government policies are is not always rainbows and sunshine.
To summarize I would like to let you know that as a lover of politics and Democracy, the basic point to remember despite all the books, theories or articles you read is that Indian Democracy can never be held hostage or can be ruled out because this country of ours inhales and exhales Democracy, the basic ethnicity , the basic morals of this land have been eternally Democratic and shall continue to be so, No man, government or party can change the nature of this country.
Long live Democracy!!!! 'Voters, You’re more important to a democracy than
most politicians will ever be.'.
Please let me know what you think of my book review, what are your opinions on the review and if you have any suggestions for me?


Comments
Post a Comment